Pages

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

task jar: day 1

Today couldn't be any different than yesterday.  First,  yesterday was GORGEOUS.  Today is, well, not.  Rainy, grey, cold...lame.

I woke up to a breakfast invitation and I was getting ready, another friend called for a ride home from the airport.  So, I rescheduled the breakfast (tomorrow!), and ran a couple of quick errands before going to the airport.  First stop, Barnes and Nobel to return a couple of books.  I found the same EXACT books at Costco for HALF off the price I had paid at B&N.  So back they went...

Next up, returning some knobs I got at Anthropologie for a jewerly board project that I did with my friend L while visiting her in Las Vegas.  Random question, but how do those girls work at Anthro?  How do they go home with a paycheck?  I feel like I blow mine there and I don't even work there.  Could you imagine working there?  Being privy to all the sales, being able to see all that fabulous merchandise still in there big cardboard boxes in the back room?  Even thinking about that scene makes me giddy with excitment.  ANYWAY...

Picked up my friend from the airport, dropped her off, and then decided to go see a movie. 

...So much for my uber productive day, inspired by my task cans. 

Letters for Juliet was good.  I'm happy I went by myself.  Mr. Man is always scoffing, "so predictable", "oh my gosh, I didn't see that coming"...all while rolling his eyes.  So I sat there and enjoyed the chick flick by my lonesome and left with a smile on my face.

Hoping to recovering some of my lost time, I ran upstairs to pull my first circle out of it's home.  I couldn't help but frown as I read it.  "Make 12 dinner napkins."

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuummer.  I AM excited to do that.  I have PILES of fabric in the closet of my office/craft room, but I wasn't prepared.  Instead of making those 12 napkins, I decided to get ready to make those 12 napkins.  I've been thinking for a couple months of how I can make cutting the fabric easier for myself.  Then today while I was in Hobby Lobby I walked by the quilting section and noticed something like this:



Yeah!  A plexiglass square that I could just trace with my roter cutter would make things SO much easier.  Although this was for quilters, I could still use it for my napkins.  But I couldn't pay $23 bucks for the thing.  So I put it back on it's hook and walked away.  All was not lost, inspired by what I saw, I called my local Ace Hardware asked if they cut plexiglass, got the answer I was hoping for (YES!), and plan on picking it up tomorrow morning before my breakfast date.

Tomorrow I will make 12 dinner napkins!

2 comments:

  1. 1. Why couldn't you just cut a 12x12 square out of cardboard and use that? Why do you have to use plexi-glass?

    2. I'm very proud of you for putting back the $23 specialty product

    3. How much is Ace charging you for the plexi-glass?

    4. I vote for a step by step, photo journalistic tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I want to make sure the edges are as straight as possible. With cardboard, I'm not sure I would cut it straight, and the rotary cutter could cut the cardboard too so if I got a little crazy, I would ruin the cardboard square.

    2. I'm trying. :)

    3. I'm not sure, I have to go in tomorrow. They wouldn't quote me over the phone. But the guy said comparable to glass, which isn't that expensive.

    4. And the tutorial will be step by step. :)

    ReplyDelete