Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

...and a summer of fun begins...

It's been almost a month since school got out for the summer...and this girl has been living large and relaxing.  I jetted off to Vegas to visit my bff from college, L the day I turned in my last project.  I was there for week, enjoying myself, sleeping in far too long, hanging out with L's dog Boss and met all of her friends.  It was the perfect way to end the school year and to catch up with an old friend.  I was home for two days, then packed my bags and left for Pittsburgh to visit my friend M with two of her friends from Grand Rapids meeting me out there.  The weekend was fabulous...full of shopping and Sex and the City.  It was perfection. 

...and since I've been home...I've been l...a...z...y.

Sure I've done a few things.  My parents came out to visit us over Memorial Day, so I cleaned the house.  I've baked some goodies for Mr. Man, and after starting to watch Smallville the Friday before school got out, I can say with a smile on my face, that I'm watching the first episode of season eight, the last season on DVD as I write this post.  Twenty-one more episodes of this season, all of season nine (which I'm going to have to figure out a way to watch soon!), and then I'm all caught up when the tenth and final season starts this fall.  But nothing I've done has been productive.  Nothing.

Inspired by a post I was pointed to by M, I decided to whip up a couple of jars myself.  One full of DIY projects I've been wanting to do, and the other full of house projects I've had on an ever growing to-do-list.  So I dug through my cupboards and closets and was able to come up with two cans, some twine, scrapbook paper I haven't used in ages but still love, a couple pens, a circle puncher, and scissors.  I hopped back onto our bed (hey, I could do this while I watch Smallville...amazing!) and got to work. 

I whipped up these two bad boys. 


Started punching some circles. 



Pulled out the multiple to-do-lists I have going on, transfered my goals onto the backs of the circles, folded them all into quarters and threw them into the cans.


And Viola! 



The goal is to pull out one from each can every day and complete the tasks at hand.  I HAVE to do the goals but I can't use it as a way to avoid other things (school work, house work, hanging out with friends).

Mr. Man has already joked that although it's a great in theory, he can't wait until the day I decide I don't want to do the circle I pull out of the jar and just give up on the whole idea altogether.  ...I'll show him!

I start tomorrow!

PS- M loved the idea too.  But naturally took more time with her labels and came up with these beauties!



Since then, I've requested that she make me two to replace mine with, DIY and house, and a new FUN! one so that Mr. Man and I can toss in some fun things to do around town.,.new resturants, new trails to hike, new bike paths to explore, new places to shop (and yes, the FUN! idea is stolen from M too).  M included a jar for her husband, Mr. Man's task just got thrown in with mine.  :)

PSS- M's new lens is AMAZING.  I've only seen a handful of her shots with the 50mm lens, but so far I'm in love!  Can't wait to get one of my own!


2 comments: